Thursday, December 29, 2016

AVOID THE SUICIDE SYNDROME (Part 3)




solution (cont'd) 

·       Judges 16:28-"And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes."

·       John 14:18-"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."
·       Isaiah 41:10 -"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness".

·       Psalms 9:10-"And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee".

·       Psalms 62:8-"Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah".

·       Psalms 115:11-"Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield".
·       Psalms 62:7-8:"In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah".

·       Ephesians 3:16 -"That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;"

·        Philippians 4:6-9 -"Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8.Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you".

God says be careful or anxious about nothing! We are commanded not to be mindful about it, or in other words, take our minds off of it, or don't worry about it. The worries of this world, about this life, about our status or feelings, is not what the New Life in Christ is all about. We give it up, we surrender all, we sell all we have for the cause of Christ. When we do that God commands us, and He will give us all that is necessary to have peace of mind.

·       1st Corinthians 10:13-"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will NOT suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it".
Do you remember Job? He lost everything except his life. But he didn’t take his life because he knows his God in times of trouble. Best friends and even his wife said things to discourage him about God. He did not do any of those advises because he knew his God was in control and will come alive. And he did!

·        Psalms 38:6-7: "I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long. For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh".
He was troubled to the point of having great turmoil of his heart, and yet he never gave up all hope, but instead called upon the Lord, from whence came his help. This is the mentality of the true believer. That God is their only help, not death.


·        Psalms 38:21-22: "Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me. Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation".  see Part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment